Glasgow is a beautiful and historical city. During the Victorian period, Glasgow was the largest city after London. Her historical scars and battles can still be seen in the city of Glasgow today. When visiting, here’s what’s good to eat in Glasgow.
If there is one food I MUST eat in Glasgow, it is this Naples-recipe pizza with ingredients from Naples.
These food recommendations are by my friend, Timothy. He has been living in Glasgow for the past couple of years. They also include my recommendations from the food I’ve tried in Glasgow.
Glasgow Fun Fact
The relationship between Glasgow and Edinburgh is like the relationship between Dusseldorf and Cologne in Germany. They hate each other. People from Glasgow think that people in Edinburgh are too snobby, while people in Edinburgh hate Glasgow….. just because.
I think these relationships between cities adorable. It’s like 2 siblings fighting even when they’re from the same family.
What’s Good To Eat in Glasgow: Breakfast & Coffee
- Kember & Jones | Eat: Good scones & cakes | Address: 134 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8TD, Scotland
- Artisan Roast | Eat: Great coffee | Note: a small selection of food. Great wifi. | Address: 15 Gibson Street, Glasgow G12 8NU, Scotland
- Tchai Ovna | Eat: tea | Note: Tons of tea to choose from | Address: 42 Otago Lane, Glasgow
- Partick duck club | Eat: Duck | Note: Good brunch | Address: 27 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5QF, Scotland
- Laboratorio Expresso| Eat: Great coffee & cakes | Address: 93 West Nile Street, Glasgow G1 2SH, Scotland
- Luckies Coffee @ queen street station| Eat: coffee | Address: 437 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh EH11 2RT, Scotland
What’s Good To Eat in Glasgow: Asian
Quoting Timothy, “nothing fantastic, but used to satisfy cravings”. I have to agree with this quote. It’s quite difficult to find fantastic Asian food in general. They’re just good enough to satisfy that craving.
- Satu Satu | Cuisine: Malaysian hawker food | Eat: sweet & sour pork, Laksa Curry | Note: Large portions and great prices. | Address: St. Georges Studios 93-97 St. Georges Road, Glasgow, Scotland
- Non Viet | Cuisine: Vietnamese| Eat: Vietnamese noodles & rolls | Address: 536 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3LX, Scotland
- Silla Korean | Cuisine: Korean | Eat: fried chicken and rice | Address: 1138 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TD, Scotland
- BKK Cafe | Cuisine: Thai| Eat: Thai stir-fry with basil | Address: 31 Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11 5QF, Scotland
- Asiama | Cuisine: Malaysian Chinese | Eat: roast duck & homecooked soup | Note: Students get one more free dish after ordering 3. | Address: 185 St. Georges Road, Glasgow G3 6JD, Scotland
What’s Good To Eat in Glasgow: Western
- Bothy’s | Eat: Haggis, Sticky Toffee Pudding & Lamb | Address: 11 Ruthven Lane | West End, Glasgow G12 9BG, Scotland
- Bread Meats Bread | Eat: Great burgers | Address: 701 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8RA, Scotland
- BRGR | Eat: Cheap & great burgers | Address: 562 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8EL, Scotland
- Ox and Finch | Eat: Ox, scallops, hogget, orzo | Note: tasty unique small plates (Scottish tapas). Little pricey if you want to eat your fill. Make reservation before going. | Address: 920 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7TF, Scotland
- Crabshakk | Eat: Crab cakes, scallops, chowder. Great seafood.| Address: 1114 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8TD, Scotland
- The Butchershop| Eat: Steak | Address: 1055 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7UD, Scotland
- Tiffney’s steakhouse | Eat: Great steak | Address: 61 Otago Street | West End, Glasgow G12 8PQ, Scotland
- Curler’s Rest | Eat: Sunday roast | Address: 256-260 Byres Road | Hillhead, Glasgow G12 8SH, Scotland
- Paesano Pizza | Eat: Very great pizza | Note: Naples-style pizza. Imports ingredients from Naples| Address: 471 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8HL, Scotland
- Paesano Pizza | Eat: Great pizza | Note: Naples-style pizza. Imports ingredients from Naples | Address: 94 Miller Street, Glasgow G1 1DT, Scotland
- The Italian Caffe| Eat: Crab Risotto | Address: 92 Albion Street | Merchant City, Glasgow G1 1NY, Scotland
- Merchant Chippie | Eat: “best fish and chips in Glasgow” if you enjoy traditional British thick cut soggy fries and delicious cancerous batter over your fish and chips | Address: 155 High Street | City Centre, Glasgow G1 1PH, Scotland
- Mussel Inn| Eat: Lobster & Mussels | Note: Avoid mussels during late summer season, as they start to smell funky | Address: 157 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 2UQ, Scotland
- The Pot Still | Eat: bartender recommendations | Address: 154 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 2TH, Scotland
- Oran Mor | Eat: amazing whisky selection | Address: Top of Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8QX, Scotland
Trevellers Tip: Avoid ordering pub food when there no one else is ordering. You usually get served with cold and unappetizing pub food. Wait till the pub gets busy and the kitchen gets cooking. Your dishes are way fresher then.
For some strange reason, you rarely find good ice cream in Glasgow. We were looking for ice cream parlours, but they’re either soft serve or low-quality ice cream. Sorry, I can’t recommend any ice cream shops to you.