Packing hacks for your travel! We share the things you MUST bring in every trip and other must bring items, depending on the type of activities.
“Pretty dress? ☑ Sleeping clothes? ☑. Undergarments?☑”
– Stuff I said while stuffing my 9-days worth of clothes for South Korea into my trusty backpack in 20-min before I left the house.
When we travel, we are often stumped by what to pack, what to bring and how much to bring. I guess have travelled enough to pack the night before and take a total of 20-min to pack. It became second nature. So, here’s a list of suggested things you should include in your adventures.
Things You MUST Bring
There are things you can do without and there are those you better bring along with you.
- Money: 3 currencies. Host country’s currency, home country’s currency, USD. USD can be used almost everywhere in the world and easily exchanged.
- Underwear. Seriously. Just bring enough even you’re on a honeymoon
- Shawl, just in case the weather changes or you’re visiting a religious area (especially in Asia). Bonus: they’re light!
- Comfortable shoes. No matter where you go or what you do, comfortable shoes are really important. Trust me.
- Smartphone or handy camera. Record your memories.
- Small bag/day pack for day trips out.
Trevellers Tip 1: [For GIRLS] If you’re going to several places, doing adventures and staying for longer days, I would suggest that you bring bikini tops instead of bras. Bikini tops are easier to dry, takes up less space and suitable for many events and activities! Bonus: bikini tops are meant for the water, so getting caught in the rain is alright.
Types of Activities
Adventure: Trekking, Hiking, Watersports
- Trekking pants
- Outdoor jackets (just in case the weather turns bad) i.e. The North Face
- Trekking shoes/sports shoes
- Dry-fit shirts: Schools give us tons of free shirts, so I use them for travel.
- Sleeping bag
Trevellers Tip 2: I usually bring old shirts on trips. So after wearing it for a day, I can discard them. Another reason to shop abroad!
Trevellers Tip 3: Ziplock your clothes if they’re not waterproof
Leisure: Shopping, Eating, Sight-seeing
- Comfortable outfit
- Boots, heels: depending on the season
- Outer coats/jackets: depending on the season
- Dresses: depending on the season
Trevellers Tip 4: I usually bring less on leisure trips. Because I shop for new clothes and wear them the next day. Also, travel is summer because it is lighter and you bring fewer clothes!
Beach: Water-activities, Tanning, Swimming
- Beach shorts
- Summer dresses: to chill on the beach with a martini in hand
Trevellers Tip 5: Depending on the country, there are many cheap and beautiful summer dresses on sale that you can purchase on the spot. For example, Bali, Thailand and Philippines.
I’m pretty sure you’ll be half-naked most of the time, so don’t bother packing too many things. On the other hand, if you’re really lazy, plan trips to nudist beaches. You don’t have to pack anything!
Bonus Tip: How To Pack Light
Packing is not a difficult task. However, it’s also important to plan in advance. I usually have a visual idea of what I am going to wear each day and then pack accordingly; i.e. clothes for the first days on top of my backpack and last days at the bottom.
Also, it’s good to invest in quality durable items. A good quality windbreaker can last longer in storms than cheap ones that fly away at the touch of the wind.
Lastly, weight is important. There is a weight limit to check-in baggage and hand-carry baggage. Also, you wouldn’t want to carry super heavy items around. So, I prefer travelling during summer because you can bring light summer dresses and thinner clothes.
Packing is easy, and you’ll definitely get a hang of it soon enough! Remember to plan before packing and invest in the right gears for travel.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $99.99Was: $139.99
Price: $49.95Was: $99.00
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie at beautiful destinations. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always dreamt of.