Everyone has that one crazy dream itinerary that they wish they had. It could be partying in the summer island of Ibiza, hike and camp in the Himalayas mountains or spend the entire day eating delicious pipping hot dimsum in Hong Kong.
If so, can you imagine what a round-the-world travel itinerary will be?
What to do with 1,000,000 Qatar Miles?
How it started: One evening, I wondered how I can spend 1,000,000 travel miles. I decided to spend one full week planning a crazy ultimate travel itinerary around the world. And I came up with this insane plan.
This trip planner is a template for you to consider, if you are making a massive plan to travel around the world. You can divide it into a travel itinerary within the continent instead!
This itinerary will be split into a few sections:
About The Ultimate Round The World Plan
This Ultimate Trip Planner: Round The World Travel Itinerary will be divided into continents. That makes trip planning and road trips easier.
Ultimate Trip Planner Includes:
- 100 countries
- 200+ cities
- 50 flights
- 66 road trips
- 39 train rides
- 9 sea-routes
The Ultimate Dream Itinerary will be divided into continents to make travel and road trips a lot easier. I wish this ultimate dream itinerary could encapsulate all there is to see in the world, but the world is much bigger than that. So here is a mini preview of what our beautiful Earth has to offer.
Download the template here.
Overall, this is how my Ultimate Dream Itinerary goes:
South East Asia – East Asia – Central Asia – Middle East – Africa – Europe – Canada – USA – Central America – South America – Antarctica – Australia – New Zealand – Fiji – Papua New Guinea – Indonesia – Singapore
Why This Crazy Round The World Travel Plan?
Firstly, who is crazy enough to do this? Steve Job said that “the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” Do you think you can change the world? I believe so.
Travel is life-changing, and everyone agrees. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.
Before I continue on with details on travel, let me share a little about myself. Like you, I always aspired to travel the world. The idea of discovering what each culture has to offer was such a thrill. Trying out new cuisine, laughing despite the language barrier and taking care of each other. They never teach you that in the classroom.
In this ultimate guide, you will learn about
- Where to go in each continent
- How to plan a massive travel plan
- What can you learn from the difficult cultures
Things To Consider
Before I begin sharing the ultimate round the world plan, here are some thing you should take note:
- Check for visa requirements. That costs money! Thankfully my Singapore passport allows me to enter most countries visa free. (Anyone wants to marry me? 🤣)
- Layover in a city = extra time to explore the city
- Aircraft type is important. My preference is as follows: A350, A380, B787, B777, A320
- Sometimes, you get free accommodation if the layover is too long. Check with the airlines. I planned this trip with Qatar, and they give you free accommodation if the layover is too long. This also works with Emirates airlines.
- Plan major flights ahead of time. Fill up the destinations with road trips and smaller cities to visit. E.g. Fly into Barcelona on the 1st. The next flight is from London to Canada 90 days later. And then plan the 90 days after major flights are booked.
Download the template here.
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.