GDPR Compliant 2018
TL;DR: Trevellers respect 100% of your privacy. We do NOT track individual data, only aggregate data. Our goal: to understand how to provide a better user experience when you are on Trevellers.
Please read what we track and how we use the data. If anything is changed, we will let you know. We removed as many legal jargons as possible, to make it simple to understand by everyone.
What we track and how your data is used:
- How our posts are found: search engine, social media, direct, etc. This is to understand how you find the content in the first place.
- Where the audience is from: country you are browsing from. This is to understand what language you speak, as Trevellers is thinking of having the content to be multi-lingual.
- Type of device you use to search Trevellers. We cater the layout of the website to mobile-focused vs desktop-focused vs tablet-focused, depending on the readers.
- What post you viewed. To know what type of content you like and what type of content we should provide.
- User retention. With Google, we track the aggregate number of users who return to Trevellers. This is purely to understand if Trevellers is growing in loyalty. That is all.
- When you sign up for the newsletter: we only send you articles found on Trevellers, liked by people, as seen in points above.
Trevellers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Trevellers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12 May 2018.
What we collect
We collect the following information, only with your permission:
- Email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We periodically send quality content that is liked by the mass majority of readers to the email you provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do NOT share or sell your details like name, email and location.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You own your full data. If you would like to completely remove your information from our database, please email us at email@example.com.