There is more than just investment and banks in Luxembourg. It is a city that is built around nature. Going during the right season is the best way to experience Luxembourg! The right season is from mid-Spring to beginning Autumn.
Here are 20 bucket list things you should do when in Luxembourg. Luxembourg has tons to offer and you will be in love with her.
1. Camping in Luxembourg
2. Hike in the mountains of Luxembourg. Recommedations: Vianden, Echternach, Dommeldange, Mersch
3. Have a beer in The Grund by the river
4. Visit the Mudam museum in Kirchberg. Fun fact: the architect of the museum also designed The Louvre!
5. Do the 4h free walking tour from Casemate to The Grund. There are signs available around the city.
6. Check out the underground archaeological findings below Casemate.
7. Have a snack by Adolphe Bridge and enjoy the sunshine
8. Take a selfie at the Monument of Remembrance
9. Have an ice cream in the City Hall (l’Hotel de Ville). There are 2 gelaterias there.
10. Kayak in Echternach
11. Visit the Vianden Castle
12. Do a road trip to the north of Luxembourg. Recommendations: Echternach, Vianden, Clervaux
13. Cross the borders to Trier in Germany or Metz in France
14. Have a beer by the Vianden river
15. Visit the financial district in Kirchberg
16. Pray in Cathédrale Notre-Dame
17. Check out Palais Grand Ducalm and see how the guards patrol the area
18. Visit Echternach, the “little Switzerland”
19. Barbecue in Luxembourg on a good day. Recommendations: Echternach, Beaufort, Luxembourgish Ardennes
Bridges in Luxembourg
20. Count the number of bridges in Luxembourg City. Hint: it’s like a lot.