Bottomless champagne at London Heathrow’s BA First Class Lounge in the new Terminal 5. That is what life should be about!
First Class Check-in Area
Unlike the normal class, the First Class lounge has its own check-in area, which means that you do not have to squeeze with all the other trevellers in the airport! You get your passport and baggage checked and proceed to the lounge. The staff are a lot more patient, quality of service is higher and they seem to be more willing to serve.
I love this so much because on my flight back from London to Singapore, I went through the regular check-in area and gosh, it is so packed!
The lounge is mainly filled with families with infants/children and business people. It is generally quite a solemn environment. The children are also quiet and well-behaved. The area is split into dining, indoor sitting (quieter), outdoor sitting (noisier) and business workspace.
The indoor is more for families and business people working. The outdoor area is where you can see planes take off and a more casual setting. We sat outdoors, except for when eating our food indoors.
First Class Food
There is a wide selection of food in the lounge. You have different sections in the buffet:
- Spirits bar
- Champagne/Wine bar
- Tea (at least 10 options)
- Coffee machine with hot chocolate option
- Drinks section: water from Scotland (still, sparkling), different beers (lager), soda and others
- Starters section: hot cooked soup, salad, cheese, breadsticks, crackers, olives, ham and other appetizers
- Meals section: few types of pasta
- Dessert: cakes
But that is not all! You have freshly cooked meals for you in the menu set. It changes from day to day, but I had a BA Beef Burger and Elliott had curry with rice. I would have to say that their crackers and breadsticks are the best. They pair perfectly with the blue cheese they provided.
Wine, scotch, whisky, rum, beer and CHAMPAGNE! Alcohol in the lounge is bottomless. You have 2 separate bars – one for spirits like rum, tequila, scotch and the other with champagne, prosecco and wine.
Champagne: There were 2 options, Rose and regular. The bottles are in the bar area, so you basically get up there and pour yourself a glass. If you want to, you could take the entire bottle to the sitting outside to drink! Sometimes, staff do go around indoors to refill your champagne glass. But definitely not, if you are sitting outside.
In Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA), their First Class Lounge does not have a champagne bar, but you the staff will refill your glass for you all the time! I forgot how much I had at 8am in the morning, but I was definitely buzzed for my flight.
How to get into the BA first class lounge?
There are 4 ways to get into the lounge:
- Fly First Class
- Be an Emerald member of Oneworld Airline Frequent Flyer Program
- Gold member of British Airways Executive Club
- Enter The Lounge With Someone With A Status In The Frequent Flyer Program
Enter The Lounge With Someone With A Status In The Frequent Flyer Program
How does this work?
- If you have frequent flyer status, you can often take someone with you into the lounges – a “Guest”.
- If you do not have flyer status, you can check out who is flying during that period and ask to enter as a guest.
You don’t have to be travelling on the same flight, or even the same airline, but most of the time you do need to be travelling in the same alliance (One World, Star Alliance, Sky Team).
How do I get involved?
Join “Be My Guest” Facebook group. To get involved, please highlight the following:
1. What Airport and Terminal you are flying from
2. What date and time
3. What airline
4. If you have status or flying on a premium ticket and wish to “Be My Guest”, or without status or a premium ticket and wish to “Be Your Guest”
E.G. 26th Nov // BA LHR – LAX 19:40 // T5 BA Galleries First Lounge or any Priority Pass Lounge // Be My Guest
Do like and share this top secret to enter lounges!
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie at beautiful destinations. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always dreamt of.