El Nido is the best place to be in Palawan, the Philippines. Yet, there are many questions and so I have summarized the questions into a simple FAQ for El Nido. You will find prices for your tricycle, island hopping tours, kayak rentals, what SIM card to get for El Nido and food options. Feel free to comment on your recommendations and other questions!
- How much does it cost to get from Puerto Princessa to El Nido city? 700-850php for a 7h journey with a mini-van, without any stops in the middle, except for an hour of lunch.
- How much is the cost of tricycle from El Nido city to Las Cabanas beach? 100-120php for 2pax.
- How much is the cost of tricycle from El Nido city to Marimegmeg beach? 100-120php for 2pax.
- How much is the cost of tricycle from El Nido city to waterfalls in El Nido? 1000-1500php. The guide cost 400php per group.
- How much is the cost of tricycle from El Nido city to Nacpan Beach? 1000-1500php. I recommend you to rent a scooter instead, for 350-500php.
- How much is it to rent a scooter in El Nido? 350-500php for a day. From 11am to 8pm.
- How much is it to rent a kayak in El Nido? 500 for 2-seater from 11am to 5pm. 300 for 2-seater from 2pm to 5pm.
- Do I get Globe or SMART for my phone SIM card for 4G? For El Nido, I recommend Globe. You get better connections for LTE in El Nido city and decent 3G on the beaches and islands.
- Mid-range hotel with the best WiFi connection? Cliffside Cottages El Nido
- Café with the best WiFi connection? Café Caalan
- Recommended Filipino food: Silog Republic. Rizal St. Barangay. Maligaya, El Nido, Palawan
- Recommended ice cream: Gusto ice cream with cone around El Nido city. (Many outlets and the main branch has the best ice cream cone)
- Recommended drink: 55php fresh lemonade around El Nido city. (Many outlets)
- Recommended Italian pizza: Trattoria Altrove. Calle Hamma, Calle Hama, Barangay Buena Suerte, El Nido, Palawan.
- Recommended happy hour cocktails: Mezzanine El Nido. 4-6pm, 220php for 2 cocktails. Serena St, Barangay Buena Suerte, El Nido, Palawan.
- Recommend fried fresh calamari rings: Angel Wish El Nido. 150php for a plate. Serena St, Barangay Buena Suerte, El Nido.
- Recommended pork cutlet with rice: Angel Wish El Nido. 150php for a plate. Serena St, Barangay Buena Suerte, El Nido.
- Best massage in El Nido: The Organic Spa
- Full day kayaking: 500php for 2-seater from the beach front on El Nido
- Full day motorcycle/scooter: 350php for 1 motorcycle/scooter
- Guide for waterfall hike: 400php for 2-3 people
- Entrance to Nacpan beach: 50php per person (but this fee depends on the day. Sometimes it is free to enter the beach.)
- Kayak rental on Las Cabanas beach: 100php per hour
- Island hopping tours (exclude 200php environmental fee): 800-900php per person for Tour A
- Alternative for island hopping (Kayak island hopping): 500php for 2pax
Please comment and share your recommendations and other questions!
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.