Singapore is one of the most Instagrammable city in 2019. In the architecture haven of Singapore, what are some of the uniquely Instagram-worthy architectural buildings?
As an architect, I’m sure you will love Singapore. It’s not like Manhattan or Dubai with just skyscrapers after another. It successfully combines nature with concrete to create this unique dynamic.
In a small little city like Singapore, the country managed to combine greenery, unique architecture, culture and heritage into one land. It’s quite an achievement.
Where to stay? Book your accommodation according to the area that you’re interested in.
Locations on the Map
Remember to book your accommodation.
Uniquely Singapore (Less Hyped, Equally Unique)
Format: Building name | Main attraction and remarks | Address | Links (if any)
1. Parkview Square | Classical Victorian style interior with interesting exterior | 600 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 188778 | Link
2. MCI building (Old Hill Street Police Station) | Rainbow coloured window panels that used to be the old Singapore Police Headquarters | 140 Hill Street #01-01A, Old, Hill St, Police Station, Singapore 179369
3. SingTel Tetris Tower | Why play tetris on your phone when you can see one in real life | 1000 Dover Rd, Singapore 139652 Dover Rd, Singapore 139652
4. The Star Vista | One of the buildings that make you go “woah” as you watch the train pass by it. Highly recommend you to visit. One of my favourite malls too. | 1 Vista Exchange Green, Singapore 138617
5. Oasia Hotel | Designed by WOHA, it mixes nature with glass to create a unique building in a jungle of concrete. Stayed here before and I definitely recommend it. | 8 Sinaran Dr, Singapore 307470
6. Skool4kidz Childcare Centre @ Sengkang Park | Truly unique school for children | 3 Anchorvale Cres, Singapore 544618
7. LASALLE College of the Arts | It’s the college of the arts. You can’t expect it to be anything less specular. The interior building is beyond beautiful. There’s also affordable places to stay. | 1 McNally St, Singapore 187940
8. Ng Teng Fong General Hospital | No one travels for hospitals, but this hospital really took me by surprise. I love the layered texture of the building’s exterior. | 1 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609606
9. Haw Par Villa | Unique park using giant statues & dioramas to retell historic Chinese legends & religious mythology. | 262 Pasir Panjang Rd, Singapore 118628
10. Marina Bay Financial Center | The La Defence of Paris, the Wall Street of New York City, the Bank Station of London. | Straits View, Singapore 018984
11. Our Tampines Hub | Great mixed land use development | 1 Tampines Walk, Singapore 528523
12. Ngee Ann City (Takashimaya) | Timeless building that shows Singapore’s architectural design | 391 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238873
13. Fullerton Hotel | Old postal office headquarters turned 5-star luxury hotel | 1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178
14. Gillman Barracks | Old army barracks turned art galleries |9 Lock Rd, Singapore 108937 | Link
15. Mapletree Business City | New business city with beautifully designed skyscrapers | 20 Pasir Panjang Rd, Singapore 117439
16. Apple flagship store @ Orchard | 270 Orchard Rd, Singapore 23885
17. Library @ Orchard | 277 Orchard Rd, #03-12 / #04-11 Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858 | Link
18. 48 North Canal Road | Reconstructing heritage-listed shophouses into new modern design | 48 North Canal Road, 059305, Singapore, Singapore | Link
19. Emerald Hill | Beautiful Peranakan terraces and old shophouses. It’s a quaint little district of old Peranakan architecture and shophouses, a perfect juxtaposition of old and new with the chome and glass Orchard Central mall in front. | Emerald Hill Road
20. Gateway East| Office building that looks 2D from different angles | 152 Beach Road (S)189721
- 15 Iconic Singapore Architecture Design and Where to find them
- 15 Crazy Residential Buildings in Singapore for Architects
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.