As an architect, you probably saw plenty of iconic Singapore architecture in your textbooks. Why not take a step further to see them in real life? Singapore is a perfect bucket list city for aspiring architects.
Beautiful architecture started to attract me when I was living in Hong Kong and my best friend (Valentin) is an architect. We would travel to see beautiful buildings. Needless to say, this evolved to a series of articles focusing on architectural design around the world.
Singapore is truly a concrete jungle with stunning architectural buildings.
Download Iconic Singapore Architecture on the Map
Remember to book your accommodation.
15 Iconic Singapore Architecture
Format: Building name | Main attraction and remarks | Address | Links (if any)
1. Marina Bay Sands | Iconic 3-tower building in Singapore, topped with a rooftop infinity pool | 10 Bayfront Ave, Singapore 018956 | MBS Rooftop Pool
2. Esplanade, Theatres on the Bay | Iconic “durian shaped” building with spikes as the roof | 1 Esplanade Dr, Singapore 038981
3. Helix Bridge | Iconic bridge inspired by the structure of DNA | Bayfront Ave. Walk from Youth Olympic Park to Marina Bay Sands
4. Flower Dome & Cloud Forest | Signature giant air-conditioned glass greenhouse | 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
5. Marina Barrage | Park and gallery featuring sustainability. Interesting double-spiral design | 8 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018951
6. Gardens By The Bay | Impressive supertrees against skyscrapers | 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953 | Areas to Shoot
7. National Gallery | Former Supreme Court and City Hall building to become the National Gallery | 1 St Andrew’s Rd, Singapore 178957
8. Henderson Waves | Wave-shaped bridge near The Interlace | Henderson Rd, Singapore 159557
9. The Interlace | The most famous building that you’ll find in your architecture textbook. What happens when you mix Lego with buildings. | 180 Depot Rd, Singapore 109684
10. Pearl Bank Apartments | Super old apartments that Singapore used to have 50 years ago | 1 Pearl Bank, Singapore 169016
11. People’s Park Complex | The neighborhood is a mix of Chinese culture, old shophouses and funky design | 1 Park Rd, Singapore 059108
12. Kampung Admiralty | Winner of World Building of the Year 2018 | 676 Woodlands Drive 71, Singapore 730676| Details
13. PARKROYAL on Pickering | Greenery flourishes throughout the entire complex, and the trees and gardens of the hotel appears to merge with those of the adjoining park as one continuous sweep of urban parkland. | 3 Upper Pickering St, Singapore 058289 | Link
14. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple | Tang dynasty–style temple housing religious relics, with ornate rooms & a tranquil rooftop garden | 288 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058840
15. The Hive NTU | Shaped like dimsum bamboo trays | 52 Nanyang Ave, Singapore 639816
- 15 Crazy Residential Buildings in Singapore for Architects
- 20 Uniquely Instagram-worthy Architectural Buildings in Singapore
Only 1 building is repeated once. That is The Interlace. That building is too fascinating, iconic and crazy to not mention it!
Trevellers is my way to change the world. Through my stories, tips and lessons learnt, I truly hope to inspire you to get out of your comfort zone, see the world and see who you truly are. Travel is more than just taking a selfie at beautiful destinations. Travel is an adventure, where you can truly become who you are, give you the time to reflect and grow to become the person you’ve always dreamt of.